Monday, July 30, 2012

London 2012 Olympics Nail Tutorial


I have been loving the 2012 summer Olympics thus far - especially a certain Ryan Lochte!  #LochteNation ... (;  My favorite events are swimming, cycling, gymnastics, and beach volleyball, but any event is enjoyable to watch!  So, I wanted to show my love for the games through nail art!  I couldn't find any designs that tickled my fancy, so I made my own!  Here's how you can recreate it yourself!  


1. Paint your ring finger white.

2. Paint the upper half of your index, middle, and pinkie fingers white.

3. Paint your thumb a true blue.  

4. With a dotting tool, place blue, black, red, yellow, and green dots in the appropriate positions as shown in the Olympic rings symbol.  I suggest starting with the black as it is in the center.  
Finish the top section with blue and red, then move down to add yellow and green.  

5. With a slightly smaller dotting tool, dot white onto each color dot to create a ring.

6. Now let's start on the Union Jack, which will be located on the ring finger.  With a red striper, create a thick cross on your entire nail.

7. Create four thinner stripes coming from the center and moving towards the outer corners of your nails. These stripes should be slightly off-center to leave room for the imaginary white stripes that will become noticeable in the completed design.  I suggest looking up a picture of the flag to replicate.

8. Taking care to avoid areas where white stripes belong, begin filling in the blue sections with a striper.

9. Finish off with a top coat and you're ready to cheer on your country with some rockin' nails!

Thanks so much for checking out this nail design!  Be sure to send me a picture if you decide to try it out.  -Ali


No comments:

Post a Comment